Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday, July 11,2008


If it's not one thing it's another. How about the head falling off a bolt that holds the HEAD together. Of course there are four more that are probably just ready to fail. Wouldn't that be fun 100 miles off shore, going to weather in 30 knots of wind and 10 foot seas.








The other news is more upbeat. By popular demand decided to get a dodger for the return trip, so we would not have to wrap a storm sail around the cockpit like we did for the delivery. At first I was going to get something really simple with no window. Just solid fabric (to save money and time). Well, popular demand entered again so I told the dodger maker to put in a window. She said that she had a nice big piece of plastic, and did I want a big window (no extra charge). I said, "Why not."

You can see the result.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage to Skipper Bill, and Crew! I will be following your progress and cheering for you. I'm so-o-o-o-o happy that the head bolt didn't break during the delivery!!! The new dodger looks great. How did the cutlass bearing look? Did you have to replace it?
Take care, Jan